Link to comments

This is definitely something I can get behind.
It can be used to create better notes for a task or cross referencing when creating a new task. It makes navigation easier and provides background for why such task was created.
It should also make browsing tasks easier since I can have a comment in the bookmarks and I don’t have to use the search tool which doesn’t lead me to the exact comment which is daunting sometimes.

+1 for linking to comments. Jira does this and every day I am reminded of how annoying it was to have to lose this functionality.

This is pretty much essential IMHO. Comments can add up in a high number and it would be very helpful being able to point collaborators to a specific comment in a task.

Also even this forum has this functionality :slight_smile:

Best,
Matthias

I too have wished for this feature. My first use case would be just lower in the same comment thread. I’ve taken to specifying the date and time of an earlier comment, but that can come across as snarky (“As I mentioned in my 3/2 comment at 11:55 am ET” sounds a lot like “do you not read before replying?”).

Hi folks and thank you so much for all the feedback you shared on this topic! I’m excited that we’re starting launching linkable comments today! The feature is currently available to 25% of users and will become available to everyone by the end of this week.

With linkable comments, you will be able to easily share and reference existing comments in Asana. Next to each comment, you already have a drop-down menu allowing you to delete and edit your comment - going forward you will also have the option to “Copy Comment link”. Clicking this option will automatically copy the link to your clipboard - from there you’ll be able to paste this link anywhere else in (and outside) of Asana.

Pasting the comment link will not display the comment itself, but it will allow you to access the comment in one click. In the Gif I’ve added below, you can see that when I click on a comment link, I’m automatically taken to this comment which highlights in blue. Note that you can also leverage hyperlinks to reference comments, depending on the context, it might look a little neater than pasting the comment links on its own!

Linkable comment

Important note: This feature only applies to task comments - support for other types of comments will follow later!

We hope you enjoy this new feature as much as we do and we look forward to hearing your feedback in the comments below!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.