Task Comment via Slack

When clicking the ellipsis on a Slack post in a channel that is an Asana task (or any post), you have the option to Add as task comment. Instinctively, one would think that you would be adding a comment to the referenced task you are clicking the ellipsis on as the other options under the ellipsis are for that specific task.

No, no. You must then search for the task to comment on.

So a) why isn’t this for the task itself and b) if it will never be, then why not have this within the /asana in Slack as you can create a task there? Moreso, why is this not within the actions menu of a post from Asana?

I would be most useful if you could @mention from this comment box as well so it would actually @mention in Asana and show up in their inbox.

Conversely, if you set up a rule to post in Slack, @mentions don’t carry over there either, even when using the exact @mention copied from Slack.

Hi @Getz_Pro, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

I agree that it would be more useful to have the task automatically opened in Asana when the “Add as task comment” option is selected. Hopefully this is a change our Product team can make in the future.

I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath

I am not looking to have the task opened in Asana but rather when selecting the add task comment, that the task is automatically selected instead of having to search for it. After all, I selected the ellipsis from the task I wanted to comment on.

The best fix would be to have this option within the actions menu.

actions

1 Like