Issues with task lists showing 'All Tasks' instead of 'Incomplete'

I would like tasks lists set to show “Incomplete Tasks Only” when I view them. They currently default to show “All Tasks” which includes completed tasks I no longer want to see. I cannot locate a setting to change this default.

Anyone know how to get this setting changed?

Hi @Jeremy_Forest

Are you referring to your “My Tasks” list or in projects? For both, you can find the filter at the top right of the page and filter by Incomplete, Complete, or All Tasks

Yes, I know how to filter, but wanted “Incomplete Tasks” set as the default. I ended up finding the answer in another forum. After switching the filter to ‘Incomplete Tasks’ you just click the 3 dots to the right and select “Save Layout As Default.” Not the most intuitive set up, but it works.

I understand now, thanks for the clarification and glad you were able to figure it out

1 Like

When I click on the three dots, the “set as default” is grayed out and not a clickable option.

Welcome, @Melissa_Welborn,

That just means the saved filter matches the current one. If you make a filter change, it will be possible to then save that.

Larry

I only want to see Incomplete Tasks as my default. I have to filter it every time! What 3 dots do you choose to set as default? Seeing everything makes my head hurt - lol!

Welcome, @Jaclyn_Bradley, and sorry; a new feature is rolling out currently that affects this, so if you don’t see the Save in the “…” menu, then you should see this:

Thanks,

Larry