Inline Images in Task descriptions

I am always frustrating asana editor due to missing inline image. Clickup, Jira, and Trello support inline image in their editors. If you can add this feature, it will be a great improvement.

This seems to be implemented now

Hi @AnthonyC, it’s implemented to the extent mentioned here: You can now embed attachments in your comments!, but not yet with the ability to enter like this, which hopefully will be rolled out in a future update:

Text text text text
Image image
Text text text text
Image image

Up-vote at the top of this thread if you’d like to add your support. :+1:

2 Likes

@David_Nelson No, I’m able to confirm inline images in the task description was enabled today in my company’s Asana Business account!

I imagine it is being rolled out to users incrementally.

I’ve also seen other rich inline content - embedded tables - although I have yet to test this.

Fantastic, and all the better, @AnthonyC. I can’t yet see it in any of my organizations or demo space, but I look forward to having this functionality soon. Enjoy. :smile:

Before this update: A new way to write clearer, more detailed tasks

We were able to upload images without comments by just clicking some where in the task description and just Ctrl+V the image to upload. With this new update, instead of uploading the image as a comment, it gets embedded into the description itself.

Personally we don’t have a use for this and instead now have to wait for images to upload in the comment, then post the comment which is really time inefficient.

Would be nice to have a option in the projects or as a user to choose what option we prefer.

I agree. I sometime it could be useful in the description but I like to have those images nicely at the bottom as well. Can we get an option to keep it only in the bottom, maybe with a right click on the image?

If you want to embed an image right in with the text, don’t Click on the + button, that will inserted as attachments to a task only.

You can just copy(Ctrl+C) and paste(Ctrl+V) the image right in the description you want, and you’ll also see the image as attachment bellow. :wink:

This is now rolled out.
More info here:

Is this feature is still in beta? I don’t see this new UI, bet really want to start using it.