I need to integrate my sql server with asana custom fields any help ?

I need to integrate my sql server with asana custom fields any help ?

We’re going to need some more detail than this, in order to possibly point you in the right direction. What more specifically are you trying to accomplish?

I am talking about having my sql data available in custom fields
Like customer numbers

OK, gotcha.

Next question: are you hoping to use an existing service like Zapier to accomplish this, or do you have developer resources available and you want to use the Asana API to code a solution, or do you want a custom API-based solution but don’t have developer resources and need to hire a developer to write it?

Hi thanks. I am planning to use zapier if it does the job

Unfortunately I don’t believe Zapier will do the trick in this case. To my knowledge it doesn’t provide access to custom fields when updating a task, which is what you would need.

Others may chime in here if they know more about that, or if anyone has suggestions for an alternate tool. You might want to look at Unito or Bridge24.

2 Likes

As an alternative way, you can choose Skyvia online data integration platform. It supports Asana custom fields. Skyvia isn’t a trigger-based tool, but it allows you to automatically schedule an integration. Check it here: https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-asana-sql-server
You can find the Skyvia on Asana marketplace.

P.S. I’m a member of the Skyvia development team, so if you have any questions about the product feel free to ask me.