How to organise a list of projects?

Great question, @Carlo!

Good to see you found Alexis’s thread illustrating how you can create a reference Project in Asana. While I have quite a few reference Projects, I also use my sidebar to organize important Projects.

Try creating “headers” in the sidebar to organize your data.

To create “headers” in the sidebar:

1. Create a Project and choose a Project Name that correlates with the first client you’d like to start this process with. This project will act as a placeholder and won’t contain any data. The sole purpose is to separate client’s in the sidebar: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

2. Choose a Project Highlight Color to make your client’s Project (header) visually distinct: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

3. Star the Project (header) if you’d like to bookmark it at the top of your sidebar for easier access: How to Navigate Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Now that you have your first “header” created, you can now repeat steps 1-3 but instead, you’ll actually populate the other Projects that will live under the “header.”

Take a look at the attached screenshot to see how you can use this for your business. In the screenshot, you’ll notice that I’ve added characters to the Project Name to make them more visually distinctive. I hope this helps!

11 Likes