How do I make the name of new employee visible in hidden onboarding projects for external people?

I have a little question regarding Asana and I was wondering if you could possibly help me with it!

HR & SMT have Asana projects to manage and track the progress of onboarding new employees.

As these projects contain sensitive information, I do not have access to them.

However, the IT side of onboarding involves me, and I am added to these specific tasks.

I can see these tasks in my inbox, however as I am not a part of the Asana project(s), I’m unable to see the title of the projects themselves.

It is only the title of the project which contains the name of the new starter.

As we have multiple people onboarding, it can get pretty confusing trying to figure out which task relates to which new starter! But I also understand that it’s a little time consuming for HR & SMT to go through every task and add a comment or description with the person’s name.

Is there a simple way for HR & SMT to quickly insert a name or tag all these tasks with a name? Or is there another method I can use to identify which new starter all these tasks relate to?

My solutions were originally:

1. to include one extra step for onboarding project creation: to highlight all tasks and put a name of the person in the text custom field. I’ve just tried it and you can highlight all tasks and put the name in easily for all of them in one go.
  2. In the onboarding template, for the tasks that need external work, include “Name of Emploee” in the task name or in the description so that people will remember to input it.

Any other thoughts? Am I missing something easier/more intuitive?

Cheers,
Sofia

Hi @Sofia, thanks for reaching out!

HR & SMT can indeed add a tag to each task with the name of the new employee. You can create tags by following the steps here: How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.