How do I add a Google Calendar to my Asana Calendar?

I want to the opposite of what this information says: Sync to Calendar + Asana: Merge tasks with calendars • Asana
I want to import a google calendar into my asana tasks calendar. How do I do that?

1 Like

You can use automation and integration provided by 3rd party. I used Zapier and it seems the feature you want is available.

2 Likes

We’ve just built an app to do just that: integrate your google Calendar with your Asana tasks. It lives outside of Asana but hopefully you’ll find it meets your goals https://www.kosmotime.com/
Please let me know your thoughts

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Nicolas_Vandenberghe! Couple questions:

1. Do you have plans to allow for multiple calendars in a common login?
  2. What about support for Apple Calendar?
  3. Also, I’m noticing that the “Projects” show the Orgs/Workspaces that you belong to within Asana. Does this tool look at any items across each with no reference to the projects they pertain to?
  4. Is there a limit to how many items it can pull in? I’m not seeing any items in one of the orgs (Projects) listed.
  5. If a task is created within an Org (Project) from within KosmoTime does it get created in Asana?
1 Like

Thanks for your great questions Jerod!
Please see below:

1. Do you have plans to allow for multiple calendars in a common login?
    yes

2. What about support for Apple Calendar?
    Usually Apple Calendar is used as a client to the backend of GCal or MS 365; since we sync we these backends, it will all show in Apple Calendar too

3. Also, I’m noticing that the “Projects” show the Orgs/Workspaces that you belong to within Asana. Does this tool look at any items across each with no reference to the projects they pertain to?
    yes that’s what we implemented, but several Asana users asked us to show their projects, so we’re changing that in the next two weeks: Asana projects will show up in KosmoTime

4. Is there a limit to how many items it can pull in? I’m not seeing any items in one of the orgs (Projects) listed.
    There should be no limit. It could be that you’re a different user in the other org? we retrieve by user. If you go to our tab “Integrations”, you can see which Org we’ve sync-ed

5. If a task is created within an Org (Project) from within KosmoTime does it get created in Asana?
    Not yet. We’ve assumed that users would rather create their tasks in Asana. But we could support that if that’s of value to Asana users

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback @Nicolas_Vandenberghe! You answered all the questions I have at this time. Look forward to working more in this tool to better understand its usefulness. I’ll continue to recommend to others as well.

The 3 key areas of focus are very well stated and represented in the application. I have plans to publicize this application through a question that I plan to pose on ‎Deep Questions with Cal Newport on Apple Podcasts

1 Like

@LEGGO, Hijacking the thread a bit… I’ve read some of Cal Newport’s work and listen to bits of his podcast and actually wrote to him about Asana some time ago. I’m sure he’d be interested in KosmoTime if he doesn’t already know of it. But I have to say his current app choices, and defenses of them, are a little dubious–I don’t think he cares so much about them, really.

Larry

:100:% agree!!!

He has, however, opened up and taken listener questions specifically around tech and productivity systems. In his more recent ones he is begging to deepen the question pool. With time-blocking being such a key element to Deep Work and the ties it has to his upcoming release… I’m hopeful the mention of KosmoTime will prompt him to provide feedback.

I haven’t seen the book (due in March) but I wonder how much Asana will be mentioned. I think he gave it passing mention in only one prominent article so far, despite the fact that it would appear to be the most aligned app to his ideas.

But don’t forget that KosmoTime is a direct competitor to his newly-released print Time Block Planner diary (on Amazon)!

1 Like

I have a similar question: how can I import an .ics file into Asana? We are transitioning from a suite of tools for project management to Asana for everything. We used to use Google Calendar, but will be using Asana, but also want to bring over past events into Asana because we often refer to what we did in previous years when determining our communications schedule. Is this possible?

Hi all, I am with zzBots. You can use zzBots “Batch Sync” feature to import all your data from one app to the other. The feature is usually used when setting up a 1-Way or 2-Way Sync. When this Bot Pack is installed it will keep your Asana and Google Calendar in sync and up to date in realtime, if your just looking to Batch Sync you can delete the bots after you are finished.

1-Way Sync: https://www.zzbots.com/store/google-calendar-asana-1-way-sync

2-Way Sync: https://www.zzbots.com/store/asana-google-calendar-2-way-sync

How to Batch Sync: https://www.zzbots.com/community/how-to/how-to-batch-sync-tasks-records-events-etc