How can I see sections of my colleagues?

My colleagues have sections for tasks, but they are only seen by one person who does not remember how he brought them to his screen. I would like to see by clicking on the person his sections. His tasks also move dynamically, if one of his colleagues changes the task, for example, from “today” to “later”.

When you look at My Tasks of someone else you only see tasks that you are allowed to see: tasks part of public projects or projects you are part of or shared tasks. A section inside My tasks is generally not public, hence this situation.

Maybe that will change with the new section model being rolled out :thinking:

@Igor_Shevchenko
This is a good question. At my company, I added all the sections to a public project named “Sections,” only to see other people’s sections. It’s still very inefficient, but at least it fixes the issue.

2 Likes

Hi @Igor_Shevchenko :wave:

Just to make sure I’m getting this one right, are you referring to the Today, Later and Upcoming Sections in My Task? If yes, you can see your colleagues My Task simply by clicking their name in the Search Bar.

As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, you will only be able to see their public tasks, that are part of Public Projects or that have been shared with you. If they have tasks not associated with a project, these tasks will be private by default, and you won’t be able to see them on their list!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

@Natalia hey, thanks for getting back to us. We are referring to Sections added by a team member. He/she can add any section within their “My tasks” Let me know if you got it.

Thank you! I hope that will help me

1 Like

Hi everybody!

The reason why you are not seen Sections on any member’s My Task is because
all new Sections that you create in My Tasks are automatically private to you. In order to make a Section visible to the rest of the team you would either:

• add your colleagues as collaborators or
  • add it into a project that is public for the team.

I’m aware that it is not ideal but it might help you to overcome this issue.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

I’ve done all these steps, but sections are still visible only for owner

1 Like

@Igor_Shevchenko, @Oleg_Martynenko, @Natalia, @Bastien_Siebman,

If your team member sees this for a section (aka separator) in her My Tasks:

then I think that means it’s not yet been made public so others won’t see it when viewing that member’s My Tasks; have the team member click the Make public link.

Larry

But board owner sees all sections and priorities without that. We made our project public but nothing was change. I don’t know how to explain it more detailed

1 Like