How are you using Asana AI connectors to turn ideas into action?

Hi Asana Community :waving_hand:

Great ideas often start in an AI chat, but the real value shows up when those ideas turn into coordinated work. That’s why I’m curious how you’re using Asana AI connectors to connect conversations to action.

Asana now connects with tools like:

  • ChatGPT: Work with your Asana tasks, subtasks, comments, due dates, and project details to create summaries, understand priorities, and prepare clear status updates.

  • Claude: Access Asana’s Work Graph directly from Claude to search, create, update, and track tasks, projects, and goals, keeping work connected to real deliverables.

  • Microsoft 365 Copilot: Index Asana tasks and projects in Microsoft 365 so users can search, retrieve, and reference Asana content directly in Microsoft Search and Copilot.

  • Gemini: Take Asana actions directly in Gemini Apps and Google Workspace Studio so you can manage work and move projects forward without switching tools.

  • Le Chat: Create and manage Asana content in Mistral AI’s Le Chat so anyone using Le Chat can spin up projects, tasks, and more without leaving their AI environment.

  • Quick Suite: Connect Amazon Quick Suite to Asana to bring in rich context from thousands of supported applications directly into Asana’s AI workflows.

We’ve seen people use those connectors to:

  1. summarize a busy email inbox and turn action items into Asana tasks
  2. check project status and draft updates faster
  3. talk through work in voice mode and capture next steps
  4. keep cross-functional teammates aligned without switching tools
  5. Chat with Claude about your gmail inbox and ask it to look up Asana to craft a draft email response

Now I’d love to hear from you!


Which connector are you using, and what workflow has it helped simplify?

:sparkles: Share your use case below! :sparkles:


4 Likes

We have been experimenting with AI connectors for a few months now, and we are seeing real momentum with Claude and Asana working together. We are currently running a beta test group that is piloting Claude CoWork.

Some of our early use case discoveries have been:

• Daily Briefings: We are pulling in our Outlook calendar, Teams chat, and Asana tasks each morning. Claude summarizes what is on the radar, flags key meetings, and surfaces high-priority tasks—so we start the day with clarity instead of scrambling through our inbox.

• Meeting Summarization: After Teams meetings, Claude pulls the transcript and creates a clean summary. We are also automating action item extraction and creating Asana tasks directly from meetings—so decisions and next steps actually end up on the task list instead of buried in meeting notes.

• Project Status Updates: Claude helps us draft and post project status updates directly to Asana, keeping stakeholders in sync without eating up time on documentation.

I am sure as we continue to play with it more, we will uncover more use cases.

3 Likes

I use the Claude connector in three ways that have actually changed how I work.

  1. The most obvious one: at the end of a long planning or brainstorming session, I have Claude create the tasks and project structure in Asana directly. All the thinking, the clarifying, the plan-building happens in the conversation — and then I just say “set that up in Asana” and walk away. I used to copy-paste all of that.
  2. The second one is for longer, multi-session projects where I’m essentially co-working with Claude across weeks or months. I treat Claude the same way I treat a coworker — it maintains a detailed to-do list that I don’t need to see (in a local markdown file), but I want the high-level structure and milestones visible to me. So at the end of each working session, Claude updates the Asana project with what’s relevant for me as the manager to have visibility on (we have a skill that defines what that looks like). At the start of new sessions, Claude cross-checks its own work plan against Asana before doing anything else. The end-of-session update gives me visibility — I can see where the project stands without digging through a conversation history. The start-of-session check gives us alignment — Claude isn’t operating from a stale plan, and we’re not duplicating or contradicting work across sessions.
  3. The third one starts with a limitation: Claude can’t send emails yet, so Asana tasks are the next best delivery mechanism for anything I’d otherwise want dropped into my inbox, for example a daily briefing: Our purchasing mailbox is operational — I don’t need to read it, and I haven’t in years, but it is helpful to be aware of some high-level developments before getting my team decides to pull me in. So I built a routine that reviews the last 24 hours of messages and creates a daily briefing task in Asana with just the high-level information I care about. Two things make this work well. First, I get the summary without the noise. Second, because the briefings accumulate in Asana as a task history, Claude has access to past briefings as context — it can flag if something is recurring, reference what was actioned last time, or notice a pattern I’d otherwise miss.
3 Likes

I’m late to the party here, but happy to share some thoughts @Nicole_Phillips .

I use Claude with Asana in a bunch of ways, nearly all of which end up being much more effective than the by-hand approach, or even the inbuilt Asana AI or AI Teammates, for better or worse:

  1. Search. Claude is infinitely better at finding things in Asana than the built-in search tools.
  2. Historical research. This is a bit more than just “search” above, but similar. My company has been using Asana for well over 10 years, and Claude is great at digging through all that history to find themes, or all the tasks where X was discussed, etc., then summarizing and catching me up quickly.
  3. Bulk task management. Anything where I’m assigning sub tasks to each member of the team (for a team survey, for example) would be a ton of clicking to assign individually, update task names following a template format, etc. Claude is great at replicating an example for each member of a team or list of users.

Two things would go a long way towards unlocking a lot more value for me:

  1. I’d really like to be able to use Claude to better triage and work with my notifications inbox (I find the filter tabs are limited at best, and “For Me”’s filter often excludes things I’d like it to include but I have no control over it’s filter rules). But unfortunately, the MCP does not expose notifications, and so Claude is blind to my inbox.
  2. Similarly, the Messages items in Asana (sent user-to-user, or sent to an Asana project’s Messages section) are also unavailable via MCP. My company uses Messages to Projects as a substitute for group email lists, and it’s a real weak point that Claude is unable to access that data set. I filed this suggestion a while ago, here.

FWIW, I’ve tried using the built-in AI Teammates for both of these tasks, even just to transcribe a set of messages from a particular time range into a task (for example) so that Claude could access the data that way, but no luck. AI Teammates have failed repeatedly at this task (not respecting specified date ranges, summarizing even when explicitly instructed to copy content exactly, or just plain-old erroring out with no explanation).

IMO Claude’s models are much stronger than the in-built Asana AI tools, plus Claude is able to work beyond Asana, access other corporate tools/systems, etc. I really just want Claude to be able to access everything in Asana that I can, so I can use it for whatever I would do myself in Asana otherwise.

2 Likes