Holiday/Leave/Block off time - either as PTO, Holiday, or all day task

Is it possible for Asana to automatically decline tasks that get assigned to a person during their out of office time? It seems like having an out of office feature without the ability to auto-decline tasks is a little pointless.

2 Likes

Hi @Kelsey_Harms1 ,

Welcome to the forum! I’ve consolidated your request with a similar feedback request. Please use the purple “Vote” button near the title to lend your support to this request.

As a short-term workaround, you could consider having people set a rule on their My tasks to un-assign tasks and add a comment. This is very much a band-aid solution, as every individual would need to set this up on their own My tasks and then manage turning this rule on/off when they take time off.

Would love to see this!! It looks like it has been heavily requested for a few years, it would be a great feature and would be instrumental in organizing workloads!

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’m thrilled to announce a game-changing update to your work management experience: Out of office dates are now visible in portfolio workload, universal workload and capacity plans in Asana!

This enhancement allows you to quickly see when your team is out of the office so no work is assigned to them during this time and the out of office time is also considered during the planning.

Some important notes:

• Can I manually block public holidays (based on country) in Workload?: Not at the moment, but it’s in our teams’ radar to implement more of these options in the future.

• Is it possible to show an alert when a task is assigned to a user who is out of the office?: Users will currently only see a :warning: icon in the task when it overlaps during out of office days. However, we don’t show a pop-up alert. This is also something our team is considering for future iterations!

2 Likes

Hi! New here. This doesn’t seem to solve any of the issues mentioned. This just looks like a way to view calendars. I’m still able to assign work during team member’s PTO…unless I’m missing something. Thanks!

Any roadmap or something?

Asana doesn’t share a public roadmap. New features are announced here in the forum when they’re released.