Holacracy in Asana

Hi,

Ever heard of the holacracy? That is an “innovative” way of managing a company and its team members. And guess what? Asana is the perfect tool for such companies! Let’s discover that discussion I had with Thomas Rypens, Asana Certified Pro, about how he set up Asana in an holacracy environment at his company.

Hope you find it entertaining!

13 Likes

The progress bars in your project are very cool! How did you make these?

I think @Thomas_Rypens did them with emojis :black_medium_square::black_medium_square::black_medium_square::white_medium_square:

Hey @Peter_Rice, indeed they are emoji’s.
Everytime we go over the project we copy and paste them. It’s a fun way of visualising it :wink:

@Thomas_Rypens,

I watched your great video with @Bastien_Siebman and wondered why not make that custom field be a type of dropdown with those four or five different emoji statuses as the values? No copy/pasting needed.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

I wondered the same thing and forgot to ask!

1 Like

Great video :+1: - @Thomas_Rypens, you mention another 1-hr long video on Holacracy that I would be interested in. I’m fascinated by a few elements of this environment and I would be interested to learn more both to potentially adopt within our team or to have a path for future clients. Thank you :pray:

Hi @Jerod_Hillard ,
This video mainly tells you how Holacracy is working in our environment and how it add to the things we do. Let me know if you have any questions, remarks or tips :wink:

1 Like

Hi Larry,

Silly I didn’t even think of that. I’ll see if that works. Great tip!

1 Like

I love it and I am a big believer of this sort of managing. Asana is the best way of bringing work and people together without linving with democratie. :facepunch: :heartbeat:

2 Likes