Highlight text and code section in Task Description

First I would like to thank the developers for adding the formatting options that we have.

I feel there are only two things missing…

1. The ability to add code in a standard code window.

2. The ability to highlight text (Yellow & Grey are the two colors I use most)

If I could highlight text grey and use the (existing) monospace; then that would be a good alternative to a close section.

4 Likes

I meant to say Code in the last sentence…

If I could highlight text grey and use the (existing) monospace; then that would be a good alternative to a code section.

adding code would be great using backquotes for example like in Slack

2 Likes

Basic code source support like what’s done in Slack/Discord would be enough for most use cases. Custom source code highlightning rules could also be useful for readability.

BTW, I think this is a duplicate of Code snippets in Asana @Vanessa_N

Slack supports Markdown syntax right?

like this forum

Markdown could be the solution here

1. print("hello world")
  2. You can emphasise text:

Emphasis, aka italics, with asterisks or underscores.

Strong emphasis, aka bold, with asterisks or underscores.

Combined emphasis with asterisks and underscores.

Strikethrough uses two tildes. Scratch this.

bold or italic

1 Like

Hi,

Clear and simple. It would be useful if you can highlight text within the description. There are descriptions heavy loaded with text, and highlighting it (several different options) would be useful.

By the way. I find it quite complex (and unnecessary) to go to a community forum to request a feature. Why is this feedback option not within your Asana dashboard?

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi @JuanL, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category already so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if this is something our Product team implements in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like