Get a user's task list -- forbidden Error

Hello,

I’m trying to get the tasks from all the members of a team. In order to do that I’m trying to get the user’s task list. I can get my task list with no problem, but when I try to get the task lists for all the other members, I get a ForbiddenError. I can copy the task list gid for all the team members directly from the Asana url, and then use it to get all the tasks with get a user task list, but I can only get the tasks from my user, if I hardcode the task list gid from another user, I get a NotFoundError.

My questions are:

Is it possible to get the task list from other users besides me?
If only a specific user profile can access this information, How can I check what profile an user has using the api? I couldn’t find any information related to this.

Thanks,

I forgot to include the errors:

NotFoundError: {“errors”:[{“message”:“user: Not a recognized ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,“help”:“For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana”}]} The ID is valid

ForbiddenError: {“errors”:[{“message”:“Forbidden”,“help”:“For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana”}]}

It’s not; see here for the complete answer and workaround:

1 Like

Thanks Phil,

That did the trick!

1 Like