Forms - fields should auto save when there is a disconnect

Whenever Asana is having an incident and is down or there’s an internet issue at the office, the form submit error handling experience needs improvements.

We currently use form to send QA Bug Reports, but we probably will be using the feature more and more in our projects. Although, whenever there is an issue when submitting the form, the data entered in the form is lost. An error page appears and we are asked to try again later, but refreshing or re-opening the form just opens the form empty.

I know there is no draft system yet, but at least please do not reset the input fields and let us try submitting again later without refreshing the page. It’s very frustrating to lose all entered data when an error happens.

Hi @malandles and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We’ll definitely keep it in mind as we continue to improve Asana! I’ll keep you posted on this thread as soon as I have an update on my end :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Asana you can create “forms”. I would like forms to have a “save as” button in case a user has to attend to another task or refreshes the page.

2 Likes

Hi @anon84353626, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

All changes you make in your forms (for example, new questions, or updates in the answers) will be automatically saved. If you need to open another tab, you can go back and continue updating your form. Can you share more details on when you would need a “Save as” option in forms? Thank you! :slight_smile:

We love being able to use forms in Asana but have received feedback from team members like this:
“Spent good 30 min writing a report on Event Reporting form only to have it not go through after clicking the Submit button. 2nd time this has happened. Had to rewrite the whole thing.”

Any chance that saving form progress is in the roadmap like on Google Forms?

1 Like

Hi @James_Jeffryes, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your topic with the main thread to consolidate feedback. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!

Is there an update on this addition to Asana? The ability for a form to auto save information or a draft system to be put in place - so those filling out a form and can not do it at one time (or lose connection) will not have to put everything back in or start completely over - would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!