Flowsana: workflow automation for your Asana projects

Hi @Marquis_Murray,

If I understand the question, probably not.

Flowsana can be configured to send a confirmation email to an email address that the submitter enters on the form, but not to any additional people.

Also Flowsana has a rule action to send a notification email when a condition is met (and that condition could be that a new form task is created), but the options for recipients for that notification email are: the task’s assignee, the task’s collaborators, or all project members. It sounds like in your case you want it to go to someone other than that (but I’m not 100% sure of that).

1 Like

You’ve understood correctly, Phil. That’s exactly what I’m looking to do. Thanks for the detailed explanation of how your tool works in this case.

does anyone know if you have collaborators in a template and then have flowsana copy that template to a new task does it also copy collaborators as well.?

Hi @RiccoZorzo,

YES, if you’re referring to the “create subtasks from a template” rule action, Flowsana will copy the collaborators from the subtask in the template to the new subtask it creates.

Hi i have noticed last few days none of my workflows are working, is there a way to make sure the connection between flowsana and asana is still working ?>

Hi @RiccoZorzo,

It’s most likely due to this bug in the Asana programming interface.

But please submit a Flowsana support ticket so that you can be properly matched to your Flowsana account and thus we can investigate what’s up.

New in Flowsana: Support for My Tasks

We've just added full support for the My Tasks view in Flowsana!

Now you can create rules and other workflows for your My Tasks view just as you can for any other project.

This means the full capability of Flowsana’s rules can now be applied to your My Tasks.

Your My Tasks, and any other My Tasks views that you have access to, will now be included when you go to select a project in creating a new workflow. You’ll see both the name of the user owning the My Tasks view and the workspace that it belongs to; for example:

Simply select it as you would any other project, and create your desired rule or other workflow.

2 Likes

He did it :heart: task-autopromotion would be possible then?

Yes, indeed!

Well, to be more specific, I didn’t add rule actions to move tasks within the existing My Tasks sections (Today, Upcoming, etc.); I could still do that if persuaded, but decided not to do it since those are short-lived and I didn’t want people creating rules that will be obsolete.

But once regular sections are available in My Tasks, then absolutely, you’ll be able to use Flowsana’s date-based rule triggers:

along with the “Move to section” rule action to implement any number of customized auto-promotions.

(This auto-promotion capability is in fact the biggest reason why I added support for My Tasks :smiley:.)

2 Likes

This does not appear to work.

Hi @anon63808376,

If you can send me a Private Message with the email address you used to sign up for Flowsana, I’ll see what’s up and get back to you.

It eventually showed up. Thanks!

1 Like

Are duration based Workflows based on the assigned user and can weekends be ignored as well?

Additionally; how would the duplicate task with subtasks and subsections be triggered?

Hi @anon86052188 and welcome to the forum!

Not really, but I’m not 100% clear on the question - can you explain what you mean? Do you mean the duration should be different for different users, or ??

Yep! There is a checkbox option when setting up a Dynamic Duration workflow to tell Flowsana whether to include or exclude weekends. (Exclude is the default.)

You can trigger it with ANY of the rule triggers available in Flowsana:

1 Like

Got it!

Duration is set in a task, for a specific user - Instead of the due date being the “next in Queue” it should be “the next in queue for this user”

@anon86052188,

Flowsana doesn’t really have a “next in queue” type of capability (either overall or per user). It’s an interesting idea, hasn’t come up before - would it be something like “when a new task is added to the project and is assigned to User A, look for all existing tasks in the project assigned to User A and set a due date on the new task that’s after the last existing due date”? Or something like that?

1 Like

Yes, Exactly!

Is there a way to say “Automatically add all sub-tasks of any tasks in any project of this team, to the same project”.

I’d like to experiment with something like that.

My use case is that I group together tasks that are related, within the same project.
When a sub-task is created, the I’d like it to be automatically associated with the project too.

The goal would be to help seeing all tasks related to a particular topic, no matter how deep they are within subtasks.

To achieve the same result, one must manually add the project to each subtask, which is definitely both boring and error-prone.

No, that’s not currently available as a Flowsana capability, and is not really possible at present, since Asana does not reliably provide notifications to external applications of new subtasks that aren’t attached to a project.

Flowsana Updates

I have two Flowsana updates to announce today.

Rules: Detect and change a task's incomplete state

1. There is now a rule condition to detect when a task changes from complete to incomplete. This change can now trigger any Flowsana rule action.

2. Similarly, there is now a rule action to change a task from being complete to being incomplete.

One good use of these rule enhancements is that you can now build a fully robust usage of a “Completed” column in a Board project. You can have a rule which marks a task complete when it gets moved into a “Completed” column, and marks it incomplete when it gets moved out of that column. You can also have rules which move it into and out of the “Completed” column when it gets marked as complete or incomplete.

Forms Support: Add submitter as a Collaborator

A new option has been added to the Forms Support workflow, allowing you to automatically have the submitter of a form be added as a Collaborator on the resulting task:

Naturally, in order for this option to be used, the email address entered by the form’s submitter will need to match exactly to a current Asana user’s email address.

3 Likes