Feature Request: Attach Signature

So this would be super simple, and I think a lot of people would use it.

If I could click the “attachment” icon and then have the option to click “accept signature.”

Just have a blank pad where I could have my employees sign via their tablet, their phone, or have a customer sign, and then have it attach to the task. That’d be very useful. Maybe a think like UPS does where under the signature, you can also type the name.

Then just have it automatically record the date and time it was accepted.

Thanks for listening!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us @Andrew_Rutherford; hopefully this is something we can implement in the future! I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this thread if I hear anything!

I enthusiastically second this request! This feature would be incredibly useful to my company, as we use Asana for tracking multiple sign in/out logs. It would be great to be able to use Asana for everything we need to track, but until the signature feature is added, we are unable to completely switch to Asana.

3 Likes

This would be helpful to our company as well.

2 Likes

This is a creative suggestion - it’s like a hybrid of approvals, proofing and attachments! :+1:

2 Likes

Any update? We really need this feature.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m also enthusiastically requesting this feature! At the moment Asana’s lack of a signature feature has put a block in our organizational workflows because we need to move over to a different platform for that feature. Please keep us updated if there is any progress on this!

2 Likes

Hi @anon81073687, I’m interested to hear about your use case… do you have messages going out directly to email? Since messages posted within Asana include a link to the sender’s profile, I’m having a hard time picturing what the use case for a signature might be.

That being said, I myself have wondered if there’s a way to email clients directly from Asana, for certain messages or under certain topics, so that’s why your request piqued my interest.

Any update on the addition of a signature? I am currently trying to use docusign and zapier to solve for this and it isnt working within Asana. Asana, originally had told me I need to have both platforms and has just sent me links to what is on their page. I have also reached out to zapier because it doesnt work and they just suggest to hire an outside agency. This shouldn’t be that hard. Everything else has been simple with asana. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!