Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When trying to convert a task to a subtask it fails with an ‘Asana needs to be reloaded’ message
Steps to reproduce:
- Open any task
- Under the three dots menu go to ‘Advanced actions’ and click ‘Make a subtask of’
- Select any task in the search dropdown that you want to add this task as a subtask to
- Observe this fails after a few seconds with an ‘Asana needs to be reloaded’ message
- Chrome Version 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (arm64)
- Firefox 96.0.3 (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:
Hi @Bert_Pareyn, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Let’s try to solve this together.
- Could you confirm if you have followed these troubleshooting steps and the issue persists?
- There is currently a limit of 5 layers of subtasks per task. For example:
Subtask level 1
Subtask of Subtask level 2
Subtask of Subtask level 3
Subtask of Subtask level 4
Subtask of Subtask level 5
I recommend you checking if the task that you are selecting to add the subtask, already have more levels of subtasks and you are hitting the limit.
Looking forward to your reply!
We have tried all troubleshooting steps before coming to the forum. The problem persists, in multiple browsers.
There are 0 levels to our tasks at the moment. All tasks are top level and we try to add a task to 1 level down the tree.
Hi @Bert_Pareyn, thanks for following up!
In this case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team with the unique error phrase received. As our Support team has access to additional tools that we don’t have here on the Community team, they’ll be able to look into this further for you.
You can contact them by following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉
I hope this helps!
This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.