Exporting Forms

Hello! I have a project that is strictly for forms. I would like to be able to download all of them weekly to an excel/csv without having to do a ton of formatting. I am aligned the fields in the project with the fields in the form, but when I download the CSV of the project, all of the form information is in one column. Is there a workaround for this (not including an add on) Thanks!

@Rebecca_Scott1,

Are you sure you’ve connected your form questions to your project’s Custom Fields as shown here?

Once that’s done, then when you export to CSV, you’ll see columns for each one (you may need to scroll horizontally to see those columns).

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Hi Larry,

Yes, I did it that way and when I look in the project, the only fields that show are the ones i have in the form. However, when I export to CSV, all of that info is under “notes” and there are a lot of other fields that I am unsure of where they are pulling from

You can reduce the number of questions/answers in the Description field by changing the #3 setting for the form here:

Asana’s default CSV output includes a bunch of columns that you may or may not need; you can’t select them in Asana but of course in your spreadsheet use you can ignore them.

Or you can consider Asana2Go (disclaimer: I’m the creator) which offers the ability to choose two standard sets of columns, or to customize CSV output:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.