Expand subtasks not showing in the list view for one project

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
The functionality to expand tasks has disappeared from one of my projects. I used to be able to do this.

I have not filtered, grouped, or sorted the data.

Any ideas on why this has happened? And how I can add the functionality back into the list view.

Steps to reproduce:
I’ve tried changing the view; I’ve stopped sorting, filtering, grouping; I’ve checked the ‘hide’ function. Other projects have the option to expand subtasks.

Browser version:
Edge but also tested in Chrome

What version of Asana are you using (Personal, Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Premium, Business or legacy Enterprise)?

Business

Upload screenshots below:
this is how it looks…

And this is how it used to look…

1 Like

Can you check if the first project has a specific group by?

Hi everyone, thanks for tagging me here. Can you confirm if the tasks used to be grouped by section before?

I’ve tested on my end, and it looks like you need to have your tasks grouped by sections in order for the expand option to appear. If tasks are not grouped by section, the expand option won’t appear. Can you please test if the expand option comes back when grouping by section?

1 Like

Whoops; I made a mistake and @Vanessa_N and @Bastien_Siebman have it right. I deleted my misleading post.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa
thank you this has resolved the issue … bizzarely I didn’t know the sections grouping had been removed, so I’ve learnt something new today!

Kind regards
Gillian

1 Like

Hi Rebekah,

Click the ‘group by’ button and then select ‘sections’. Bizarrely expanding the subtasks only works with sections.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.