Email-to-Task with a Table

Hey,

I’ve been using the email-to-task feature for a while. In it’s current use, the email that is sent includes a table, but we had issues with how the table was brought into Asana, so we had it sent with the email itself as an attachment. However, I am wondering if there is a way to get the table to be migrated into Asana correctly, as an actual table in the Description box - or if it is an issue with the formatting of the table in the email itself. Any one have experience with this? Thanks!

Hi @TJ_WaterMan. There is a current discussion on this with an upvote to get it added. Add a table to the task description. Also a potential workaround option is suggested.

3 Likes

Thanks, I did find some of those discussions after I posted this. I guess it’s still a fundamental issue of the type of rich text that is supported in the Asana text boxes themselves? Thank you!

I take a screenshot of the table and attach the image to the email to Asana. I learned it from my colleague. Not addressing the root cause, but at least the table looks good :smiley: