"Done" button is off-screen when changing due date

When I’m changing dates from My Tasks, sometimes the dates pop-ups shows up above and sometimes below the task. When the pop-up shows up above, there’s never an issue.

THE BUG: Sometimes when the pop up shows up below the task, it’s so far down that the “done” button is cut off. (See screenshot 2 below.)

Workaround: Scrolling does nothing. The only thing I can do is zoom out on my browser until I can see the “done” button to click it.

Possible Solution: I think the threshold/breakpoint for when the pop up appears above/below the task needs to be higher up on the screen, if that makes sense.

Browser:
Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125

Screenshots:

This example is fine:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 8.58.52 AM

This example is the bug, where you can see the “Done” button is cut off by the bottom edge of my browser:

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 8.58.35 AM

1 Like

Hi @Justine_D, thanks for your report!

Can you confirm if you also experience this issue when your browser is in Full Screen?

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 08.18.30

Hmm. I’m not sure I can really confirm that because I never use full screen. It doesn’t happen regularly on the same task line or anything, it’s sporadic. So this morning for example, I had the issue, and when I switched to full screen and tried to change the date for the same task, the popup window had flipped to the top of the task instead of the bottom (because obviously the browser height was taller.) I would have to try to use full screen from time to time to see if it’s an issue, but I imagine it would be.

I have two screens - my MacBook Air and a larger monitor I use as a second screen. The issue happens just as frequently on my large monitor as it does on my small laptop screen. So I doubt that making the app full screen would solve the problem.

Thanks for confirming this information @Justine_D, I checked with our development team and they believe the problem is just that the window isn’t tall enough (when you are not using full screen) so it can’t fit above or below. This issue should be solved when you use full screen. However, we are aware there is a problem when users are not using full screen. We don’t have immediate plans to solve this as it hasn’t been prioritized but I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Hmm. I don’t really understand. I have two screens I use. Even though I’m not using “full screen” mode, my browser window is either 946px tall or 715px tall depending which screen I’m using. The bug happens sporadically on both windows.

In full screen mode on my smaller screen, the browser is 900px tall. If it were a matter of “not tall enough,” then I wouldn’t have the issue happening in my 946px browser – but I do.

I just want to add a +1 here. I’m experiencing the same irritating behavior. Zooming out or stretching the window to cover two screens are both effective workarounds, but I don’t think they should be necessary. I depend on Asana to make it quick and easy for me to manage these things. Updating due-dates should require very little work or thought.
The options available are great. It’s a shame the UI hides them so frequently.

2 Likes

@Emily_Roman I wonder if you have any updates or thoughts from your dev team on my last comment about browser height.