Recurring Due Date popup is cut off

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Recurring Due Date popup is cut off and cannot be filled out unless the task is positioned at the top of the page. Add a scroll bar to the popup window

Steps to reproduce: In List View, click the Due Date field. Click the Set to Repeat icon if not already configured to repeat. Unless the task is at the very top of the view layout, the full Recurring Dates flyout window will not be visible (the bottom will be cut off).

To avoid, you have to scroll through the tasks layout before setting Recurring Dates to make sure the task you want is at the top of the view, or zoom way out so the whole Asana site is smaller and fits better on the screen.

Browser version: Chrome 91.0.4472.101

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Here’s the “After” shot showing the full flyout window

Hi @Heather_Lyons1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for flagging this! Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if any of these resolve the issue for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I replicate this issue, Heather. TBH, I tend to think it’s been like this for quite a while, and I’ve always just worked around it.

I’m skeptical that it would be a browser issue, but I did try all the troubleshooting steps. No change/resolution.

Yep, zooming out seems to be a good workaround. But I only got there after several fits of pouting and trying to line up the task in the window so it would be at the top, which is goofy!

@Rebecca_McGrath Can you replicate the issue? It’s a quick test, less than 30 seconds.

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce this on my end! If you could provide me with a screencast of the issue occurring, I’ll be able to escalate this to our Product team :slight_smile:

Hi @Stephanie_Oberg, @Heather_Lyons1. I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to the #bugs:closed category as I haven’t heard back from you just yet with a screencast showing the issue.

Please feel free to reach back out with the screencast so I can look into this further for you :slight_smile:

Sorry, I didn’t know you were asking me. I had already included screenshots on my original post. What else do you want me to send?

Rebecca is asking for a screencast/video to be captured. The best tool for this I know of is SnagIt, for a 1-time purchase price of $50. Buy Snagit | Snagit | TechSmith

I certainly don’t want to drop $50 on a troubleshooting issue. Here’s a quick free Loom recording. I hope that helps.

1 Like

Yes, that captures the behavior I see!

Hi all, thanks for getting back to me with the screencast! Our Engineering team have confirmed that this is unexpected behaviour. I’ll share any updates as soon as I receive them :slight_smile:

In the meantime, we found that zooming out to 70% will work as a workaround! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all :wave:t2:

Our Product team has confirmed that a fix has been deployed for this :slight_smile: :tada: The due date picker should no longer be cut off. :slight_smile: