Does anyone know how I can delete a template that I created?

Does anyone know how I can delete a template that I created?

Hi @Julie_Hasler and welcome :wave:t3:

Templates work just like projects, so you can easily delete them from the drop down menu next to your template title; here is a handy article with some screenshots: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps; le us know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

Thanks but how do I get to the template I created without actually using it. I canā€™t see a list of templates without choosing the option to create a project.

Julie

1 Like

No worries, the quickest way to access your template if you know its title (or some of the words) is to use your Search bar!

Is there a way to contact someone via phone?

Julie

We currently donā€™t provide phone support @Julie_Hasler but you can contact our support team following these steps; and of course youā€™re more than welcome to post your question in the Forum, there is always someone to give a hand :slight_smile:

@Julie_Hasler, As @Marie points out, this Forum is always a place to get questions answered. But if you specifically are looking for phone/screen-share type support, a number of us provide that service:

http://www.productivity-experts.com/

Thereā€™s a lot to learn at first with Asana, but itā€™s worth it!

Larry

2 Likes

I found this article that I think has the answer to what youā€™re asking.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue - the article talks about using the Customize tab for the project - I donā€™t see this anywhere so itā€™s not any help at all.

I created a template, then decided to edit it which didnā€™t work so I made a new template and deleted the old one. Now I have two options in the ā€˜Newā€™ dropdown menu, showing both the new and the old (deleted) template. Really not helpful.

4 Likes

@Ian_Knowles,

Are you talking about Task Templates (I think so)? Just want to make sure youā€™re not talking about Project Templates.

How did you delete the old one? If a Task Template, you had to do that in Customize. Perhaps you didnā€™t really delete the task template since you say itā€™s still in the New menu. (Or thereā€™s a bug.)

Customize is mentioned and shown in How to use task templates in Asana. ā€¢ Asana Product Guide. Itā€™s at the top-right of the project view. In the popup that appears, scroll down to reach templates to manage them.

@Community_Managers, is it really appropriate to call Customize a tab? I think it should be called a button or something other than tab.

Larry

Hi Larry

Thanks for the response - I managed to work out how to fix it in the end (well, I had help from another colleague). Youā€™re correct, I hadnā€™t really deleted it it just seemed like I had. I found my way to the ā€˜customizeā€™ tab eventually and managed to do what I wanted (along with further edits to the template).

The location and naming of this tab/button is really counter-intuitive, and this is what gave me the most hassle as even when I knew it was where I needed to be I still couldnā€™t locate it.

1 Like

Sorry, was going to say a better place for ā€˜Templatesā€™ to be stored/accessed/edited would be an actual tab in the project view, along with ā€˜Formsā€™ and ā€˜Filesā€™.

2 Likes

Hi @lpb, hmm - good point. I can see how this might be confusing. Iā€™ve gone ahead and submitted this feedback. Iā€™ll circle back on this thread if our Content team decide to update the article! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @lpb, I just wanted to give you a heads up that the change from ā€œtabā€ to ā€œbuttonā€ has now been pushed in the Guide :+1:t2: Thanks for this suggestion!

1 Like

That was quick, @Rebecca_McGrathā€“thanks!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.