Deleting unassigned tasks when deleting Projects

Hi all,

We’ve tried deleting some Projects that were more tests than actual work projects. Unfortunately we learned that deleting Projects doesn’t delete assigned tasks and they are showing up in my colleague’s “My Tasks” section. Though there are a lot. Any way to get rid of them en masse?

Welcome, @Diana_Hoyt,

You can multi-select up to 50 tasks at a time and click the Assignee field for any selected task to carry out the action for all selected tasks.

Look out for any multi-homed tasks in a project you’re deleting; those tasks will not be deleted either. You can multi-select and use the footer toolbar to remove the membership in the other project(s).

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @Diana_Hoyt - I’m right there with you… it’s confusing at first as to why the tasks don’t get deleted with the project. @lpb’s explanation is indeed correct – the tasks have to be deleted first, and then you can delete the project.

As an alternative, my team built a free-to-use tool called Supersana.io that can do this for you.
Get it free here: Supersana.io | Asana Superpowers

The feature is called “Super-Delete” and will delete all the assigned tasks and subtasks as part of deleting the project. Here’s what it looks like:

TURN THE FEATURE ON:

NOW USE THE NEW BUTTON IN THE PROJECT ACTIONS MENU:

CONFIRM DELETION:

And soon, it will also allow you to optionally delete tasks that are multi-homed to other projects as well.

There’s a paid version with many more features, but you can use and keep this feature forever free.

Get it free here: Supersana.io | Asana Superpowers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.