Default to View All Tasks

Is there a way to make the option to “View All Tasks” for a project. It’s defaulting to “View Incomplete Tasks”? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Marianne_Cox, yes! Click the Change View icon at the top right of the project pane, and select view All Tasks. Then, choose “Save view for everyone”. Now, whenever someone views the project, the default will be All Tasks!

12 Likes

Thank you @Kristen! I love it!

2 Likes

Is it possible to set the default for ALL projects like this? Rather than having to edit the preferences of each project?

7 Likes

Has anyone else found a solution to this?

It’s hard to “see” the entire breadth of a project when I’m always having to take a look at the Complete tasks. Especially if I’m jumping into (joining) a project that is underway or if someone else has done some work.

I get that we can change this project-by-project, but isn’t this a personal preference?

1 Like

bumping this. There needs to be away to define “view all tasks” defaults at the team and global levels.

13 Likes

Where can I find the change view icon? Thanks.

4 Likes
1 Like

I can’t find a way to change the project to a default All Tasks view. There is also no “save view for everyone.” Every time I come back to the project, it defaults to Incomplete Tasks. But I want to change the default to All Tasks. Is there any way to do this?

2 Likes

@Elei_Zhang, Asana recently made a change, so this is where to find it now:

Larry

2 Likes

I just tried that and it didn’t work for me. :frowning:

The projects I had set to show “all tasks” as the default using the old method – they’re all working fine. But when I tried this, the view switched back to “incomplete tasks” as soon as I moved to another project.

@Emily_Anthony, It seems to be working for me; I just tried it. Are you aware that each project remembers the setting for itself only; you have to set it for each and every project for which you want to change the Asana-default view.

Larry

Hello, I agree with other posters on this thread that the “save view for everyone” option has suddenly disappeared. Any way to get that back? Thanks

Hello, There is no option to save the view for all projects. Only to the current one. I hope that Asana make it possible someday.

1 Like

It would be super helpful to have this as a global setting for all projects. It’s a pain to have to set each project one-by-one.

4 Likes

I feel this should be available as a general setting as well…

2 Likes

I also would like the ability to default to showing all completed tasks, for all projects. Not sure why this isn’t included in the first place.

2 Likes

Hello! In the new version, there is no longer a way to “save view for everyone”, even in a given project. I have to change the view every single time I open the project. Is there a way to change this?

1 Like

I would like to know this too. I only want to see the incomplete tasks for my team members. For 4 team members it defaults to that, but for one it does not and it shows all tasks. How do I fix this?

it worked for me!! Thanks so much for saving me lots of time.

1 Like