Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Custom field with data type Date is not readable by Tableau Connecter. In the Tableau view, the custom date field is not defined in the CustomFields table, but you can see it in the Tasks table. When looking at the values in the records for a project, the custom date field is Null. Note: All of our other custom fields are defined in the CustomFields table and the Tasks table, and their values are correct.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a project
- Add a custom field with a data type of Date
- [Not sure if this part is needed] Add the custom field to your Company’s library
- Add some tasks to the project
- Configure Tableau Connecter to access your Asana URL (either at the project or portfolio level)
- Within the Tableau Connecter, select the specific project. List out the values in each record. The custom field will have a Null value
Google Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:
Tried to upload screenshots individually as well as consolidated within a PDF, but received an error message that new users cannot do those functions.
That is not surprising, the Date field is new from this week, and not all integrations have been updated, especially if Tableau is responsible for updating the Tableau integration.
But you were right to report it as a bug, the team might be able to warn them (unless you can also inform Tableau).
Hi @Eric_Bowman, welcome to the Asana Community Forum
As Bastien mentioned, the date custom field is new () so our Product team are still working with Tableau and other platforms on integrating these.
I’ll keep you posted and let you know when we have an update
Thank you Bastien and Rebecca for your quick responses. We are looking forward to good news in the near future. Have a great week!
Are there any updates on this?
It’s been several months since July. Would really like to be able to use date fields in Tableau but currently that is still not possible.
Is there a timeline for when this will get fixed?
Hi all, I am excited to announce that we are shipping reporting support for Date custom field and People custom field. When they are reported in Tableau/PowerBI, they appear in the following formats:
- Date custom field: YYYY-MM-DD. Follows the time zone of the user’s Asana setting.
- People custom field: User ID and User Name (Full Name).