Custom ID field - allow prefix to also contain numbers as well as letters

The recently launched custom ID field is great, but having tried it out, it appears it is currently not possible to use a number within the Prefix of an ID field. :confused:

Hoping we can soon also add numbers along with letters as a prefix, soon! :pray:

:heavy_plus_sign: Bonus points to Asana if we can also include emojis as characters :heart:

Glad to see this feature is now available!

@Vanessa_N , shall we move to :rocket: Features Launched ?

Thanks for flagging this, @Richard_Sather! This has indeed been launched, so I’ll move it to :rocket: Features Launched :slight_smile:

The recently launched custom ID field is great, but having tried it out, it appears the Prefix is currently limited to a maximum of 4 characters. :confused:

It would be great if this could be increased to at least 8 to satisfy more users! :pray:

Having 4 character prefix is, in no way, flexible enough especially, for an entire Organization (considering they could be unique to each Project).

I think it should have an unlimited prefix character number. Leave it up to each user’s own way of codifying projects. I can easily use a 16 character prefix.

2 Likes

Glad to see that the prefix of a custom ID can now be up to 20 characters!

@Vanessa_N , can you please move this to :rocket: Features Launched ?

3 Likes