Custom Field Colour Coding in Universal Workload View - Missing Key Functionality!

My company just upgraded to Enterprise in order to access the Universal Workload function.

Previously, we used the workload view within each portfolio and had tasks colour coded by “Status” (custom field). This allowed us a quick snapshot of the status of our team members’ workload without having to look at each task individually.

Now using Universal Workload view, there is no option to colour code by custom field. Colour coding is only done by changing the Project icon. This doesn’t serve us as it will change the colour of all tasks in the project.

Our team is really disappointed as we increased our subscription to have the Universal Workload view, but we have lost this key functionality. It feels like we are paying more money now for a product that doesn’t serve us as well. This may impact whether we decide to continue our subscription after 1 year, or whether we decide to roll out to additional staff. I would like to request that custom field colour coding be added as a functionality to the Universal Workload view as soon as possible.

I welcome tips or advice from other users! Would anyone else benefit from this functionality?

1 Like

Welcome back to our Community Forum, @Alyssa_Schultz, and thank you for sharing your feedback. We don’t have any updates on this request yet, but hopefully we can implement it in the future.

1 Like