Custom field arithmetic

Project management often uses earned value analysis. A nice addition to Asana would be to perform arithmetic using values in numeric fields, similar to typical spreadsheet applications. The use could then use reported measurements to calculate values for other metrics of interest. This would save the need to export a CSV file to a third party application.

Hi @Gerald_Garcia, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While we don’t have any plans to implement arithmetic to out numeric custom fields at this time, this sure would be an amazing addition! :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future! I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi @Gerald_Garcia Just wanted to let you know that if a 3rd party app is an option, the Analytics & Reports add-on by Screenful can perform arithmetic between numeric custom fields in Asana.

You can learn more about this feature from this blog post

We have a free 21 day trial so you can give it a try with our own data.

1 Like

We are using a custom number field to identify the estimated revenue impact to our organization. The organization also wants to be able to see these values based on specific margin targets, total COGs, units, etc.

A simple calculated field option (add, subtract, multiple, divide) would allow for linked, easy to adjust fields. I could see use cases for more advanced functions, but just having these four operations would solve majority of cases.

Hi @anon49214756, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile: