calculated fields for projects

I would like to know if anyone has been able to create a custom field in row which will calculate a total based on 2 column numbers. Example I have a Hours column and a rate column…I would like my 3rd field of cost to calculate total of those 2 numbers per row.

Hi @anon67282007 welcome to the community.

This is not possible natively within the application but could be done via the API or I believe @Bastien_Siebman also has developed a solution for this.

Regards

Jason.

1 Like

Yes I do have a system in place for many clients to automatically compute columns based on others.

1 Like

How can I get more information on your system?

could you post it publicly - I would be interested in this!

Sure.

This is a service that runs several times a day and goes through my clients projects and computes columns based on other.

You would have to tell me which projects, and which formulas to apply in addition to inviting my bot over to that project.

In terms of cost, that depends on how many projects and how complex the formulas are. As an example, I have clients doing RICE scores, ICE scores, weighted volume, currency conversion…

1 Like

no problem - I thought it was a littler simpler than that !

No :sweat_smile: but once setup you won’t have to think about it again

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Finn @anon67282007

just wanted to let you know that the Analytics & Reports add-on by Screenful has a chart type which allows calculations with custom fields in Asana. You can learn more from this blog post.

It’s a self-service tool with 21 days free trial so you can give it a try with your own data.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.