CSV Import Task Type Approval Not Included

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When importing from a CSV, I cannot use the task type Approval, just Task or Milestone.
Also missing in documentation: CSV Importer • Asana Product Guide

Steps to reproduce:
Import a CSV with Task, Milestone, Approval as types.

Upload screenshots below:
csv import

This is not a bug, but instead a missing feature. Which seems to be confirmed by the absence of info in the documentation.

1 Like

A missing feature can be considered a defect as in this case. Although the requirements document obviously does not have this functionality, a defect has spawned from additional features elsewhere in the code now not supported properly. Expected functionality is now missing === defect.

This isn’t ‘I can’t use my own color pallet’ supposed feature missing (and it is), but rather current functionality not supporting the current feature set. That’s a defect and would never pass additional UAT.

Please move this back to defects. It is NOT a tip or trick.

@Rebecca_McGrath can we get this over to dev for review. This should be fixed.

We’ll have to agree to disagree :slight_smile: I’ll let @Rebecca_McGrath decide on the best location for the thread.

Hi all,

This is not a bug. Approvals aren’t supported in CSV import so this behavior is expected. Moving this conversation to the #forum-en:product-feedback to allow other customers to share their voice, and for our team to consider. @Getz_Pro I’ve filed a VoC task internally to highlight this issue directly to our team, but I can’t promise if or when it will be implemented. I’ll make sure to post an update here as soon as I have one.