CSV Import Task Type Approval Not Included

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When importing from a CSV, I cannot use the task type Approval, just Task or Milestone.
Also missing in documentation: Asana CSV Importer • Asana Product Guide

Steps to reproduce:
Import a CSV with Task, Milestone, Approval as types.

Upload screenshots below:
csv import

1 Like

This is not a bug, but instead a missing feature. Which seems to be confirmed by the absence of info in the documentation.

1 Like

A missing feature can be considered a defect as in this case. Although the requirements document obviously does not have this functionality, a defect has spawned from additional features elsewhere in the code now not supported properly. Expected functionality is now missing === defect.

This isn’t ‘I can’t use my own color pallet’ supposed feature missing (and it is), but rather current functionality not supporting the current feature set. That’s a defect and would never pass additional UAT.

Please move this back to defects. It is NOT a tip or trick.

@Rebecca_McGrath can we get this over to dev for review. This should be fixed.

We’ll have to agree to disagree :slight_smile: I’ll let @Rebecca_McGrath decide on the best location for the thread.

Hi all,

This is not a bug. Approvals aren’t supported in CSV import so this behavior is expected. Moving this conversation to the Product Feedback to allow other customers to share their voice, and for our team to consider. @Getz_Pro I’ve filed a VoC task internally to highlight this issue directly to our team, but I can’t promise if or when it will be implemented. I’ll make sure to post an update here as soon as I have one.

Hi guys,

when is this bug fixed?

See answer above, this is not a bug, this is a missing feature. No promises on delivery date can be made.

Hello All - Are there any updates on including ‘Approval’ as a task type for CSV file imports?