Creating self work tracking and documentation with time

I need to create a method for my own personal tracking of my own work on the project that is private to me. Do you have suggestions I really need to figure out a way to track, document, and time my own work and I would rather not learn a whole other type of software. I have even felt as desperate as to record my screen while working but this is not realistic.
When I try to search this in asana it just sends me to sales, and I have the highest level so I am confused as to how to find this ability as it seems it is possible in asana.

Thank you!!! I feel stuck right now and overwhelmed with how to document my work! It’s either too tedious and detailed or not enough, and I feel paralyzed with the detail and how to document this.
Please let me know.

Hello-
You were so helpful before I am writing again because I have so much pressure in this project I need help. I thought I had written about this already but I don’t see a reply.

I need a way to document my time and specific work on my project and I am not sure what else to do besides record myself working or recording my screen, or using an excel sheet to document. It just seems too detailed and too much of a time waste.

Please let me know what you recommend as we have the highest level of membership in asana.

Thank you,
Krista

@kkutinadpt, I moved your post to a new thread because it’s new; hope you don’t mind.

Perhaps others will weigh in with their comments here.

My two cents… Time tracking is detailed and not fun (for me, at least!) I try to avoid it! You can look at help.asana.com and learn about Time Tracking but I bet you’ll find it too detailed. Chrome extensions and other third party tools exist that can actually monitor what you’re doing (which app is active) and automatically accumulate time; not sure if one of those might work for you. If you already do your work in Asana (or some other tool) then perhaps an after-the-fact approach is possible? In Asana, at the end of the week run a saved (starred) advanced search result report to look for tasks you completed (or perhaps even just modified) during the past week and perhaps that’s documentation enough for your needs?

Hope that helps some,

Larry

1 Like

I’ve merged this thread into another thread that @kkutinadpt created.

Asana definitely has some ability to be a repository where you capture the usage of your time. Time tracking can be done on any level from minute to broad brush, capturing huge detail or minimal. I suggest that you should define the overall intent of your tracking and what the real, minimal requirements are. A few common use cases are:

• Client billing
  • Timesheet
  • Self productivity review
  • Report to management

Any of these match your goal?

1 Like