Connect Goals to Product Roadmap using the Asana template

I am using the Asana-created Product Roadmap-template.

According to the doc linked above, I can use this template to:

• Track goals and milestones to keep your product roadmap on track and on schedule.
  • Organize your roadmap by themes, so everyone can see how each launch connects to company goals.

I don’t see a way to add Goals into Projects, though. Can you add goals into Projects? Or is the expectation that I’ll create Goals and link the Product Roadmap Project to the Goal?

@Christy_Lutz - you can add goals to your project from the Overview tab. This will allow you to either create a new goal or link to an existing one. You can also do this from within a goal, which will also allow you to link to tasks instead of projects, if so desired (it’s one or the other, can’t do both on the same goal). See this article for more guidance.

1 Like

Thank you, Stephen! I added a Goal to the overview page. This does not pull the Goal into the List view or the Calendar view of the Project. I was hoping to be able to view Goals alongside tasks and milestones in the Product Roadmap project, but it sounds like that is not possible (except for the widget on the overview page).

Ideally, I could see goals in the List view and Calendar view on the Roadmap project, as well as in the Goals view so I can see automatic progress calculated towards the goal. It sounds like I’ll need to pick which is most important to me.

@Christy_Lutz - Ah, understood. There is not (to my knowledge) a way to view goals in-line in a project (maybe since they can aggregate information from multiple projects).

1 Like