Completed Task Disappear

I have created tasks in my project, but when I mark the Task complete, it goes away - disappears from the project. I don’t want this to happen. I would love to be able to view completed tasks. Am I missing something?

1 Like

At the top of the project you can choose to see Incomplete tasks, Completed tasks, or all :wink:

10 Likes

Sorry, where exactly is that option? I’m using the free version of Asana. Perhaps its only in the paid version?

Never mind. Found it! Sorry, new to Asana.

1 Like

Is there a way to set that to default or not?

1 Like

Same area, last button on the right will allow you to save this view for everyone :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @Reggie_Byrum and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

In case you haven’t found it, I’m attaching a screenshot to show where to save the “Completed Task” view as default.

I hope it helps! Thank you @Bastien_Siebman for your help! :smiley:

Have a great Wednesday!

3 Likes

THANK YOU!

Natalia, I did as you suggested and “Saved as Default”. But when I click on “New Project” I don’t see the option to use that one. I can only create a “Blank Template” or chose one of the others Asana has provided. Perhaps this is only for the paid version?

You are referring to templates, they are for Premium and above. Not sure the layout are saved and restored in a template :thinking: @Natalia?

Hi @Reggie_Byrum :wave:

Sorry for the confusion here. What you are “Saving as Default” is actually the View for that particular Project you are in.

If what you want is to convert the Project as a Template to use it later you simply need to:

• Click on the arrow icon next to the Project Name
  • Select Convert to Template

You can learn more about “Custom Templates” in this handy article: How to Use Asana Project Templates | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions! :grinning:

@Natalia when creating a project from a template, is the View preserved?

@Bastien_Siebman, yes! I just created a Project from a Template with “Completed Task” View saved as default and the View was preserved. :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t follow how this is the correct answer. Is there a setting that says DO NOT HIDE completed task?

Hi @Chisung_Lee. thanks for reaching out!

You can sort your projects’ task list by All Tasks and save the layout as default. By doing so, you will always see all your tasks in your lists.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi there, when I mark complete, I want it to disappear from my project but recorded in the calendar. how to do that?

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.