Comment on multiple tasks

I would like to be able to select a series of tasks, tab+C and add the same comment to them all.

This would be useful having just created template tasks, I want to add a reminder to all the tasks that have been created. All annual review tasks are already created with a month custom field and we assign tasks as they fall due.

Hi @Clare_Weight, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to send one comment to multiple tasks at the same time.

If you want to add a reminder for tasks when its due date is approaching or when a specific custom field is selected. I recommend you checking out our feature “Rules”. In this case, you can set a rule that automatically adds a comment to a task when the task is approaching a specific due date. You can find more details in our announcement here: New triggers for Rules: “Due date is approaching” and “Task is Overdue”

I hope this helps and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

No that doesn’t help as we’re Premium rather than Enterprise or Business.

I need the instructions for creating a template task and merging it into the existing tasks (hundreds) to be visible at the time the tasks are assigned.

While writing this reply I’ve realised I can create a task called ‘Create template task and merge it into your existing task’ and it contains instructions to help make sure users don’t merge the wrong way around. It is possible to multi-select tasks and mark them as dependent on the above.