Code snippets in Asana

I am in a likewise situation - stuck not being able to use a phenomenal product because of the lack of editing options - that any savvy software engineer appreciating communication will need.

Dear people working at Asana - this is a priority if there was one.

1 Like

This is really necessary, I think you should at least indicate what your priority is for this work, so we know whether we should look for something else.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Agreed, @Yehuda_Makarov , @Feyruz_Yalcin , @DeVante_Pickering , and @Gautier_Cosne. Welcome all of you to the community!

The editing options in Asana are really disappointing. Just look at clickup and copy their options, please.
We want to switch from jira/confluence to project management system. I used Asana for my private tasks a long time and really love it. But I must admit that clickup does a better job to completely replace confluence, too.

Please add more Editing options. Not just code-blocks (which should be standard) but also more complex one like tables, banners, colors, Buttons…

+1

+1

+1

+1 plz thx

/*
*  Why does Asana's Community Forums have Preformatted Text, 
*  but the app doesn't have anything similar?
*/
if(
    Asana.CommunityForums.hasPreformattedText() &&
    !Asana.WebApp.hasCodeSnippets()
) {
    console.log("Why Not?");
}

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

The lack of ability to add code snippets in a tool like ASANA is offending at best.

2 Likes

Agree +1

1+

+1

I agree a well-thought-out set of content formatting features is super valuable for clear, meaningful communication within tasks.

It’s been great to see the improvements of content editing features in the product over the years!

One minimal thing I would greatly appreciate is a simple style applied to the current iteration of code blocks to further set it apart from other texts

Currently, the only styling applied to code blocks is a monotype font. I believe it is currently more difficult to visually differentiate between code and standard text than it needs to be. I like to use small inline code blocks in other applications to refer to values or constants (eg. 10 years, or use the exampleExperimentKey for the experiment):

1 Like

+1, rofl

+1

+1

+1