Code snippets in Asana

+1 please add it. Thank you

1 Like

+1 please

Please. This is essential for us and this topic has 1500+ days already!

2 Likes

@Emily_Roman are there any news on this feature?

Do we think anyone from Asana is actually reading these? I mean, 4.5 years since original ask…and…nothing?

2 Likes

Hi @Niklas_D and @Jim_Rubenstein, thanks for reaching out! I’m afraid I don’t have any substantial update to share with you today, but rest ensured that we’re closely following up on this behind the scenes and representing your voice.

Over the last few years, we’ve heavily relied on customer feedback to build Asana, and while we can’t always address every request as quickly as our users would like to, we do have a robust customer feedback process in place to surface feedback and feature requests; you can learn more about it in this post .

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to drop me a DM or to reply on this thread, I’ll be more than happy to help!

Stunning that this feature isn’t here. Add my voice to the thousands: this is a critical need.

When I paste code into a task box, it is essential that it not just be monospaced, but that it not be modified in any way. If there is a good workaround to let me do this please share.

To be clear: we don’t need markdown support. we do need some way to paste text that will be monospaced and unmodified.

1 Like

A possible workaround for this is using Jira

2 Likes

+1 for code presentation
Markdown is nice, but a decent way of presenting code is very much needed.

1 Like

Is there really no way of formatting a proper code block in asana in 2021? Shocked if so and surprised a dev team would be able to manage their projects without it.

Tell me I’m missing something please, thank you!

@arifb-dhs Nope. There’s no way to do it currently.

+1 to ` or ```${optionalLang} format

+1 For this very important feature.

+1 as well! :pray:t2:

+1

+1

+1

+1

Upvoting this too! Would really love a way to add syntax highlighting to monospace formatting

+1, Lack of proper formatting of code snippets makes us look into alternative solutions like the new Project management tools from Github instead.

1 Like