Chat Feature Request

Now there we’re all remote, sometimes it’s nice to have a less formal way to communicate to team members (like chat) instead of making comments on projects.

1 Like

Hi, I fully agree! Our team is currently using skype due to the lack of the feature. I will try slack for now, but if you can submit this request would be great.

It’s been three years since a chat was requested. Please add a chat! I will request it again in 3 years from now. I would NEVER pay for a service that doesn’t listen to simple requests from users. When I see feature requests added (like colored text, chat, etc) I will definitely get the premium account.

1 Like

We use G-Chat all the time and it would be great if Asana could simply replace this feature. A lot of our team members don’t have company emails and only have Asana Accounts and a Chat feature would make it much easier for them to contact all levels of our management teams. That being said, it would be good to have the ability to control chat visibility to specific teams in case you had certain levels of management that you did not want to have open access for everyone to message them all day!

Well @Adam_McWilliams did you see Asana introduced the Message feature? :thinking:

I did see this. The feature is somewhat useful I guess, but not the same as a Chat Feature. We use G-Chat currently because it is a simple fast way to start a “Conversation”. It would be extremely beneficial if Asana had this same feature built directly into their program to open better lines of “Immediate” conversations that need to be held.

Agreed, and it’s not like they’re Clickup who just pumps out features like this faster than Asana can add a watered-down version of the 2018 vision in the form of nested Portfolios that don’t even work with the timeline or workload.

I very much agree to this! An easy chat feature where you don’t have to write ever message as if it were an email. In the meantime, it would be helpful to be able to star messages in my inbox so that if I need to go back I don’t have to scroll down for an hour or try to remember the subject title to search.

We strongly agree to this VoC!
It’s really difficult to keep track of things by using Asana Messaging alone.
Also it’s not easy to find the entire Message Inbox.