Chat Feature Request

Ok that was really really helpful. Thanks!

@Marie thanks for the tip but slack is quite pricey. Any free alternatives?

Hi @CM1 and welcome to the Forum! I would recommend checking this list of integration: Asana Apps and Integrations • Asana. Hope this helps!

Would love this feature! Such a critical tool to incorporate!

I am going to chime in and reiterate that this is a HUGE need. Slack is an alternative but at a totally separate 12.50 a month per user, it is pricey. Conversations are just not robust enough to meet the need of most companies.

1 Like

Ad CHAT for Asana.

2 Likes

Please add CHAT in Asana!
I have to use Hangouts because Asana dont have a similar chat, i hate this.

Please! CHAT in Asana! :+1::+1:

Asana please can you take note and integrate Chat box for your customers… we are on Enterprise version and companies like ours with certain infrastructures aren’t allowed to use Slack or use Microsoft Teams. So this would help in centralising in the long run :slight_smile:

These are essentially comments. Not actual live chat.

It would be great!

This would be greatly helpful for our organization. Sometimes there are one-off questions to help tasks and projects move forward. Having to navigate to the specific task and project ads unnecessary time and roadblocks. All we have right now are comments, even in the “conversations” area, there is no guarantee of quick response times. With a pop up chat feature that stays visible at all times, that communication can be easily accessed and takes first priority over any other messaging. For our organization, centralizing all communication through asana is very important. We don’t want to rely on another entity.

agree with @Joshua_Ortiz - that a pop-up chat feature would be useful to our group. Currently we use MS teams and Slack and our documents and communications end up in either of these places. Sometimes I want to send a colleague a quick note about something, but it is more of a heads-up than having to do with a specific task for a project, and does not need to be viewable to all parties / notify everyone on a specific task or within a project.

1 Like

Agree, would really like a chat feature for our team

I think this is one important feature missing from Asana that would bring it to the next level of usage

1 Like

I think Asana just needs to reshape how Inbox work. If you imitate how WhatsApp web works by replacing “Contact” for “Task” and it will be the perfect productivity chat.

I would think this is something Asana should have considered by now. Quite honestly there is not enough landscape even on my 3 monitors to dedicate space to asana AND some other chat and the integrations are not really integrated.

The issue with slack integration is that one often has to look at two places when one needs to find a conversation with relevant information. It would be cool to find everything in Asana.

True Martin, that is the case if you don’t use slack properly if I may. Discussion about a task should always be in asana. That is quite hard to do but very important…

Yes, I fully agree, and we still need to learn this here. :slight_smile: Of course we can use the comment section of a task to discuss about this task, but sometimes the discussion should only be seen by two people, whereas our tasks are usually visible for the whole organization (following Asana’s transparency philosophy). This is why a chat function inside of Asana would be awesome. For instance: I click on a follower of a task, which opens up a private conversation associated to this task only.