Can't delete the first ever section I created

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’m using a single workspace where I’m the only member. I created my first ever section (let’s say section A). A few days later, I copied all the tasks (including the completed ones) in A as subtasks to . Then I tried deleting A. The delete option is greyed out with the message: ‘This section can’t be deleted because new tasks assigned to you appear here’.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new workspace.
  2. Navigate to ‘My Tasks’ → Board view
  3. Create the first section (say section A), add a few tasks to it. My case included subtasks, sub-subtasks and descriptions in a few of them.
  4. Copy all the tasks + subtasks below the first task, into the first task, making them subtasks of the first one.
  5. Create a new section B, move the only task remaining in A into B.
  6. Try deleting A.

Browser version:
Google chrome Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

CORRECTION: copied all the tasks (including the completed ones) in A as subtasks to the first task in A. Then I moved that task to another section.

1 Like

Hello @asynchronyse, welcome to the Asana Community Forum. My name is Isidro and I’ll be happy to help you.

Please check if your project is sorted by Due Date. If you sort it by None, you’ll be able to delete the section.

Please let me know if this works.

Cheers,

Isidro

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response @chilosada !
As you can see in the screenshot (and I double-checked), I’ve set the sort to ‘none’.

P.S. I can live with not being able to delete it, just wanted to inform your team in case it holds as a true ‘bug’.

Welcome, @asynchronyse,

This is not a bug. As the tooltip says, and you can read in the My Tasks documentation, Asana starts with a “Recently Assigned” section for it to use to place newly assigned work. You may rename the section, as you did, but you may not delete it. All other sections you create in My Tasks you can delete if you want to.

Hope that helps,

Larry

4 Likes

@lpb thanks for your quick response!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.