Calling all Forum members: How does Asana squash your work worries?

Hi everyone :wave:

We want to hear from you! Tell us how you use Asana to tame your work worry monsters.

Work worries are everywhere. They look like unclear next steps, inbox overflow, and work falling through the cracks. They ping and ding you at all hours, and they don’t care if it’s Sunday. It’s the fear of missing a message when we log off :email: , the dread of that deadline looming over us :spiral_calendar: , or the concern that our hard work is being wasted. :woman_technologist:

Work worries distract us from life when we feel like work is getting out of control.

The Asana Community Forum is just that—a community. Share with others how you use Asana to tame to those work anxieties in the comments below so you can get back to life when you’re off the clock :clock1:

7 Likes

In my case, I have three hacks:

• make sure I have email Inbox and Asana Inbox zero every day
  • I made sure my My Tasks flow was perfect, with customised sections and rules
  • we use our tool Asana Pulse to be informed of outdated project dates or statuses, too many overdue tasks, new guests invited by someone else…

And we work peacefully all day every day (well, almost).

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

I’d just like to weigh in on these mascot characters - I find them DEEPLY disturbing lol

5 Likes

A tiny, nearby Yeti in my office seems to help keep work worries at bay.

Larry

4 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman - Great hacks! I also find keeping my Asana inbox keeping at zero keeps the monster at bay!

@Alison_Palmer - Lol, work worries are disturbing! :joy:

@lpb - A tiny Yeti a day keeps the worries away! :unicorn:

2 Likes

I agree with @Bastien_Siebman that keeping Inbox and My tasks clean and organized it the main way to keep the Work worries away. The super to fight these monster is Captain Clarity :wink:

3 Likes

Agree! I’m an inbox zero person, and this helps me keep my day organized and ensure nothing falls through the cracks :sparkles:

Love the “Captain Clarity” name, @Paul_Grobler ! :superhero:

3 Likes

I’m a huge fan of My tasks. I love working from it and organizing it, but my work worries creep in the second some of these tasks go overdue. When it happens, I take some time to adjust my due dates, even if it’s something I’ll end up doing first thing tomorrow morning. Updating my due dates allows me to always start the day with on a positive note :green_heart:

3 Likes

As a PM, my work is keeping everyone else’s pipeline filled. Automations is what helps the most. I don’t have to fret about being in the project all the time to be sure tasks don’t stall. Automations keeps the tasks flowing and the right people on them and informed about them. Asana is my assistant project manager!

So bring on more of those triggers and actions!

4 Likes

my organization was a cluster storm to put it lightly. Often context switching, scope creep, and miss-aligned priorities were the norm. So was being in a constant state of ‘Fight Mode’.

By implementing a Google site with Asana forms for requests, we were able to tame the beasts. Those departments who stayed strong and enforced behavior change, by repeating the phrase “If t’s not in Asana I won’t remember to do it”, feel a weight has been lifted.

Lately, I have been encouraging folks to use the newer 1:1 project template for their OKRs with custom fields, they can easily discuss priorities with their manager. This is holding myself and others to check on that project before committing to new work.

Screenshots below for examples:

Uploading: Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.31.07 AM.png…

2 Likes

@KimberlyAnn_DiCredic Going to implement this as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Incredible, KimberlyAnn! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to share this idea with my Asana clients.

4 Likes

LOVE my tasks calendar view. Especially love how I can drag tasks around to reschedule them super easily.

4 Likes

That’s funny, I never ever use the calendar view :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Guilty!! I don’t Use the Calendar view or timeline because I am a heavy subtask user :frowning:

Would love an option to toggle on or off subtasks being shown for the timeline view mostly.

2 Likes

@Getz_Pro, I love the call out for automations. Rules really do allow you to take a step back and switch off, knowing that a certain part of the project is running smoothly!

@KimberlyAnn_DiCredic, "If it’s not in Asana I won’t remember to do it” - I love this! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

We just started implementing forms for all requests that come into our department - and are holding ourselves accountable for pushing those who submit requests via email and Teams messages to complete the form(s) instead. That means all of our work lives in Asana with tasks and due dates so nothing falls through the cracks.

Personally, I also set up My Tasks with rules that show me my past dues, due today, due soon, and upcoming tasks in a way that makes sense to the way I work, and it has kept me on track.

We also use the calendar function to help us visualize our customer communication, social media, and more, so we can be sure we are spreading our content out and not overloading on a single day, which helps a ton when we have multiple people working on multiple projects.

…and that’s just to name a few :wink:

3 Likes

I think the biggest benefit that ive had with using Asana is the ability to have one central place for everything I need to do. Simply by writing down the tasks I have as they come to me, I can let my brain forget about anything that isn’t related to what im focusing on in the moment. I notice I am way less productive when Im trying to ‘hold on to’ multiple tasks in my head that I need to do. I cant tell you how many times i’ve been in the middle of a task, or doing something un-work related, and suddenly had a realization/remembered something I needed to get done. Its been awesome to be able to open the Asana app, or jot it down in My Tasks on the desktop, and then revisit it later when I have time (even if it is not a task for me, but something I need to assign to someone else.)

2 Likes

The company I work for is scattered across Microsoft, Buildertrend, Email, hand written notes, spreadsheets… The list goes on. There have been quite a few people that have left within a year because it gets too overwhelming. I have been using Asana consistently for about 6 months and my mind can truly rest at night because I know that everything is taken care of and nothing is missed! And good news, I have finally gotten the company to see the value in Asana and I am currently building projects to help them knock out those worry monsters! :wink:

2 Likes