Box file picker deficient / inefficient

Asana’s file picker for Box is nearly useless, from a practical standpoint. It always takes the user to the very top folder in Box, so to attach a file, one must dig down however many folder levels deep to find one’s file. If there was just a way to view / sort by “recently modified” files, that would help find 95%+ of files that would be attached. Simple filename search would be helpful too.

Without these features, I will always copy the Box.com shared file URL and paste into Asana task description or comment.

Because you are on “app.box.com”, I am wondering if Asana can fix this or if this is just Box problem :thinking:

I’m not totally clear what you are saying the issue iss about “app.box.com”, but in any event, I did not choose the URL where the file picker takes me; Asana presumably did.

That my point exactly, I don’t know if Asana can tell Box where it should open :man_shrugging:

Update: fed with this this crappy file picker, I emailed Box.com. They claim the issue is on Asana’s side, and that the Box content picker supports search if Asana implements properly. See https://pulse.box.com/forums/909778-help-shape-the-future-of-box/suggestions/36110590-file-picker-add-ability-to-search