Automatically update tasks due date when the Milestones due date is update

Hi there.

I really appreciate the existence of milestones in Asana. However, I think they would be much more useful, if one could use them in combination with other tasks.

For example: In our project we have tasks that have to be completed exactly two days after a specific milestone. It would be great to be able to give those tasks a relative due date (milestone x + 2 days) so that the due date of the task could automatically move, should the milestone be moved.

6 Likes

hmmm… Nice suggestion!

1 Like

Thank you. I think so, too. :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @anon10679718! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to automatically adjust the due date the tasks if the due date of the Milestones changes. As a workaround, you can set the tasks as dependent of the Milestones so you are notified if the due dates are updates: Creating task dependencies | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! I’ll keep you posted if this is something we plan to implement in the future :slight_smile:

This would be such a great feature. I manage projects in construction and milestone dates are always moving, but I have tasks that must be completed certain # of days before or after a milestone is reached.

I thought I could use the rule of task due dates relative to project end date, but I need due dates to change relative to a ship date milestone, and the ship date is not the end of the project.

Ideally I could create a template for my projects (they all have generally the same workflow) and set due dates for certain tasks to change relative to the ship date milestone. Please Asana, be awesome. You’re so close to being exactly what I need.

3 Likes

1 year later… There wouldn’t happen to be any update on this feature, would there? I’m trying to create a project template that adjusts relative dates to Milestones and can’t find a clear-cut way how.