Automate tasks in Asana

I’m trying automate tasks in Asana. Basically, have the automation go down the list and I click complete on each one as it runs. Can someone provide me with some assistance or recommendations on automations?

To clarify - the automation will simply mark tasks as “complete”. What’s the trigger for this?

You would have a list of tasks to complete. I guess you would “start” the tasks and it would iterate to next one after you complete the current task. There would also be a way to pause it so you can come back to it in case you lose your place. Does that make sense?

Hm, that’s an interesting workflow. I can’t think of a solution off of the top of my head. Perhaps there’s a time tracking app or something that will integrate.

Not sure if I completely understand the ask, but… There is an interesting product that called https://momentumdash.com/ that now has Asana integration ($3/month). It is basically a Chrome extension that can show your “My Tasks” list (or any other list) in the corner of a new Chrome tab. It has a play button at the top of your list. Click the play button and a task is moved to “Your main Focus” when you complete that task, the next task moves over to become your main focus. Sounds something like what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Interesting rec, @Bob_Kiernan - going to look into it! =)

Thanks Caisha,
Here is a much better explanation of it :slight_smile: Welcome to Momentum, Asana · Momentum Dash Blog