Asana web version - not working with Microsoft Editor Plugin on Chrome

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The Microsoft Editor plugin for Chrome replaces the browser’s inbuilt Spellcheck, i.e. marks text with a red line when there is a mistake. For Editor, you left-click on the text to see options, then click again to change. This works well on most web forms (including this one) but it seems that within asana itself, the Editor plugin appears to be blocked from changing the text.

Steps to reproduce:
Using Chrome on Windows 10 with Microsoft Editor plugin: When writing a comment anywhere on asana, make an error then try to click and replace the text. After clicking, nothing happens (expected behaviour is: text is replaced).

Browser version:
Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Editor Plugin v1.3.9: Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker - Chrome Web Store

Upload screenshots below: (no screenshot… would need to do a video which I can do if it helps!)

1 Like

Hi @anon45004514, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for flagging this! Could you please try the troubleshooting steps listed below and let me know if they resolve the issue?

Most importantly, please try clearing your cache and trying other browsers.

If none of the above work, a recording of the issue would be very helpful!

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath thanks for your reply. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps but they didn’t resolve the issue.

This being a bug is further evidenced by the fact that the editor plugin works on asana titles and task descriptions, and the bug behaviour is only present with task comments.

I’ve recorded a short video which I think shows the issue quite clearly:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Robert

1 Like

Hi @anon45004514, thanks for getting back to me! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Engineering team to look into further. I’ll let you know as soon as I have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca. Do you have any updates on this?

Hi @anon45004514, I don’t have any updates just yet but I’ll get back to you as soon as I do! Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Any updates?

Thanks

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath @anon45004514 , is there any update on this? is very annoying :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately, we don’t have any updates right now. I understand that this is frustrating so this thread will be the first place I post an update as soon as we receive one :slight_smile: Thanks for your patience here folks!