Asana/Slack too many notifications

I have recently linked an Asana project with a Slack channel for the purpose of sending updates via slack. I set up a rule to only send the message when a specific individual is added to the task. This works as it’s supposed to however when I create a new task it also sends a notification to Slack.
This is confusing to the members of the Slack channel because nothing has been added to the task yet. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I only need the message to be sent based on the rule I have set up in Asana.

@Scott_Riano - to make sure I understand, you linked the project to a Slack channel from within Slack (using the /asana link command) and created a rule to sent a channel message from within Asana, is that correct?

If so, you can just unlink the project from the channel within Slack, as your rule in Asana is taking. care of sending the specific notifications you want.

1 Like

My understanding was that the project has to be linked in order to be able to make this work. Thanks so much for that, problem solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.