Approval Tasks have the incorrect icon when blocked

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When an approval task is being blocked by another task, it does not display the correct icon. Instead of the hourglass icon you get the box with a face icon.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create two tasks, “Task 1” and “Task 2”
  2. Make “Task 1” an approval task
  3. Make “Task 1” dependent on “Task 2”

Browser version:
Firefox v89.0.2 (64 bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Mr.Numbers, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

This is currently expected behaviour, and not a bug, as the task is marked as dependent on Approval. Once marked as Approved, the task is essentially marked as complete as approval has been granted and so the task can no longer be dependent on another task as it is already complete.

I hope this provides some clarity! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, thank you for getting back to me!

That isn’t what I described though… I’m trying to setup a multi-review process like the following:

• Draft Finished
  • First Review
  • Second Review
    So the draft is made, then the first person signs off, then the second person signs off.

The issue is, “First Review” should be blocked by “Draft Finished” and “Second Review” should be blocked by “First Review”. What is happening though, is “First Review” and “Second Review” are NOT getting the blocked icon, even though they are currently being blocked by another task.

It essentially makes these “Approval” tasks useless if they can’t be blocked by another task…

I hope that explains the issue better. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.