Allow to automatically add subtasks to project

My position hasn’t changed, so prior threads cover it, and I won’t rehash it other than to say that subtasks are the best approach for many workflows and I don’t hesitate to use them, but I always make sure my clients understand their use. For more info, see this post:

I mostly avoid speculating about the Asana product teams’ past decisions or future direction for obvious reasons (lack of data, context, etc.). Regarding this topic’s feedback request, it’s complex; I’ll just leave it at that!

Generally, and from my perspective, the organizations that are the most successful with Asana are those that seek to work with, not against, the ethos, features, and current behavior of the app. (I’m not saying don’t advocate for changes or complain; just that if you’re using Asana, you have no choice–in the moment–but to accept how it behaves.)

A dog tethered to a moving cart can either pull on his leash and be roughly dragged along or accept his fate and run along smoothly beside the cart.
– Zeno of Citium, founder of Stoicism

Thanks,

Larry

PS Casually including a quote referencing fate makes the subtasks issue seem easy, no? :slight_smile:

1 Like