Advanced formula for calculation of estimated time in person days

Hello everyone,

I need some help with advanced formulas. I’ve created a formula for calculating person-days. The formula is designed to divide the estimated time by 8 hours to provide the number of person-days. For example, 8 hours equals 1 day, and 12 hours equals 1.5 days.
The formula is as follows: (# Estimated time + 0) / 480.

This custom formula works either on tasks or on subtasks. For instance, when I have a task with subtasks expanded in the List view and I add estimated time to the subtasks, it displays correctly. However, if I collapse the task to only show the main task, the estimated time is still summed up for the task, but my calculation formula no longer applies.

It would be great if someone could help me with this issue?

Br,
Can

Hi @Can_Güngörmüs ,

You aren’t doing anything wrong. It’s just that Formula fields are essentially number fields which, for as long as I know, do not support subtasks roll up to their parent task.

Roll up to parent tasks are only currently supported/possible with Asana’s native time tracking fields, that’s why you see it working for Estimated time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.